JOHANNESBURG – Africa Health Exhibition & Congress 2018 is a very important and scientific event on health care in Africa. Topics will focus on health management in all African regions and the stands will host exhibitors from all around the world, with the same and unique goal: give a contribution to improve health care!
Many specialists and experts will take part in the Exhibition, among these, Dr. Lara Goldstein, Specialist Emergency Physician & Intensivist at Netcare Mulbarton Hospital ICU in Johannesburg, South Africa.
She will be a speaker during the Africa Health Exhibition & Congress 2018 .
We interviewd her and we talked about Point-Of-Care Testing (POCT) in the Emergency Department and, in particular, the initiation of POCT on an already triggered patient.
- Description of what a POCT is, and what are the different types of POCT?
- When is necessary to provide a POCT?
- What is the timing of POCT?
- Why POCT is becoming more common in Emergency Departments?
- Which are the benefits POCT can provide both to patients and doctors?
- Are there cost implications versus the time saved?
- Experience of a POCT?
- What will be your intervention at the Africa Health Exhibition?